Saturday 13 November 2021

most beautiful day

 hello crafty stampers!

It's that time again for another Just Us Girls challenge and I'm really enjoying being the guest designer for the month of November! This week we are making a mini slimline card - easy right?

Since we can put any design on the card, I decided to use one of my new butterfly dies, which is quite tall. This card size is ideal for a large image as it has lots of tall space. I thought it should be the hero of the design, so I kept the other colours muted.




I began by stencilling the leaves using Altenew Foliage stencil with distress oxide ink. I blended part of the design then moved the stencil down to blend another part, making the overall foliage taller. Then I stamped the pink flowers using Paper Rose Solid Flowers and Leaves with distress oxide ink. 

Some pink distress oxide inks were watercoloured onto a card panel, then the butterfly was die cut from it, making sure to keep all the little die cut pieces. I also die cut a butterfly from black card, popped out the die cut pieces and adhered it over the pink die cut. The butterfly was popped up on foam tape so it was hovering over the leaves. The sentiment from Altenew Beautiful Day was stamped on white card using memento tuxedo black then die cut using Paper Rose Stitched Rectangle die and adhered to the panel.

Come join in the fun with Just Us Girls challenge this week. We can't wait to see your mini slimline design!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Rachel...I am thrilled you are with us this month at JUGS! This card is a perfect example of your talent...I so love the whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty card! I love the large butterfly and your soft stenciled background. The sentiment is one of my favorites too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty! Love the stenciled leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stenciling is gorgeous with so much dimension! I love that beautiful watercolored and layered butterfly paired with the perfect sentiment for this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The soft muted colors of your card are beautiful, Rachel, and the butterfly is definitely the star of the show in her pretty pink wings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous butterfly and I love the soft stenciled background Rachel. Perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Echoing the others: your card is gorgeous! So lovely to see something that speaks to warm weather (unlike what we're having here...brrrr).
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Rachel! I love the subtle colors!

    ReplyDelete