Saturday 6 November 2021

be merry

 hello stampers!

I'm thrilled to be the Guest Designer for the Just Us Girls Challenge for the month of November - and this week is word week with challenge #609 - Merry.

Like many of you, I am slowly building up my Christmas card stash so took the opportunity this week to make another Christmas card.



I began with some new designer paper I received with the loveliest colours - pretty and fresh with a modern Christmas feel. I was inspired by a sketch from Donna Lewis that I thought looked like a present with ribbon! The paper pieces were mounted on shaded spruce card and then adhered to a card base making sure the design was kept in the right order. 

I stamped the sentiment using Altenew Warm Blessings with my Misti using memento tuxedo black and also versamark, then heat embossed it. The sentiment was also mounted onto shaded spruce card and popped up on foam tape on the card panel. A few stars were fussy cut and also adhered with foam tape around the sentiment.

Come along and join the fun this week at Just Us Girls challenge - we'd love to see your 'merry' cards!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. Rachel... love your MERRY card. Have you given Versafine Onyx ink a try? It is a really dark black and sticky enough when first stamped to clear emboss without Versamark if you like. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the team for the month of November, Rachel! Such a great Christmas card! I love the divided panels and the DSP. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bg paper is fabulous -- as is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Rachel! I have a 'thing' for patterned papers; the one you've used is soooo pretty! Welcome to Just Us Girls for November!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stary Merry card Rachel. Gorgeous DP. Welcome to JUGS as our Guest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that you mention it, it does look like a present, Rachel, and a pretty one at that. I love the extra stars you added. So happy to have you guesting with us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you have done with the patterned paper on this beauty! Great design and I love how you fussy cut some of the stars. Welcome to JUGS, can't wait to see the rest of your creations for this month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely card Rachel! I love those more modern holiday colors. Welcome to JUGs for this month!

    ReplyDelete