Sunday 21 February 2021

missing you

 hello stampers!


Today I made a card for the challenge #473 put up by the lovely people over at Freshly Made Sketches.  

I thought this was a lovely, simple design and so I wanted to create something elegant and fresh.



As you may know, I am a nature lover so leaves feature prominently in many of my cards.  I tried to create a sense of movement with the leaves blowing left to right across the card. 

I started by stamping onto two cards, exactly the same using my Misti. Then I cut down one of the cards, mounted it onto a card base inked in the matching darkest colour ink, and just ever so slightly bigger.  Then mounted them both onto the base layer. I finished it off with a simple sentiment and a lone birdie was popped up on foam tape for dimension.


Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies:

ink: Altenew Lagoon, Dew Drops, Limestone, Volcano Lake, Galactic Stream

stamps: Altenew wildflower doodles, under the cherry blossom tree, SU loyal leaves

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! You have achieved the elegant and fresh goal. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful. I love the fresh colors in the sweet "stripe" you created. The bird is perfect and works so well for the sentiment. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an outstanding stamping job! You created such an amazing panel of blue leaves. And I love how you added that sweet tiny bird. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete