Saturday 27 November 2021

joy

 hello again stampers!

This is my last week as Guest Designer for the Just Us Girls Challenge and I've had such fun! This week is photo inspiration week #612.

This photo reminded me of a country kitchen - all the shopping bags with Christmas goodies, I couldn't resist making a Christmas card. I was inspired by 3 things: the subway tiles across the centre of the pic (they are fab!), the leafy wreath on the bench, and the brown bags with Christmas goodies and a tiny pop of red.

Since I wanted to include a wreath but I have no wreath stamps, I chose to make a square card. That way, I can use the Misti and leaf stamps and just rotate the card 90o, stamping 4 times to create the circle. I began by stencilling the brick pattern using Darkroom Door Brick Wall stencil with distress oxide ink. Then I used Paper Rose Solid Flowers and Leaves stamps in my Misti to stamp the wreath. I also used a Darkroom Door Circle stencil to align where to stamp to get a circle shape. I used 2 different stamps from the set, to give a loose, leafy wreath. Some shiny red dots were also added. 

The sentiment was stamped using Altenew Warm Blessings in my Misti, with memento tuxedo black and also versamark, then it was heat embossed for a lovely shine. The sentiment was punched with a circle punch, and also punched from red card. These were slightly offset, then popped up with foam squares on the card panel. Lastly the card panel was adhered to a Kraft card base.

Come join in the fun with Just Us Girls, and stock up your christmas card stash! We're looking forward to seeing your designs! 

Thanks to Vicki and the lovely team at Just Us Girls Challenge for having me as their Guest Designer this month. I have really enjoyed all four challenges! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Rachel... thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this month. Like this one, all your cards have been fabulous. Love the clean design against the brick background. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, once again, you've created a card that is beautiful, inspired and inspiring! Your wreath on the wall is ever so pretty; certainly guaranteed to bring joy to the lucky person receiving it! Thank you for being a fabulous guest designer with us this month; hope you'll play in December (and put DT after your name, too!)
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, and I love how you were inspired by the photo! Thanks for being such a great guest this month. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card Rachel! You have been an outstanding guest and we hope to see you back in the gallery soon! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool and creative! I love the brick background and the awesome way you created your own wreath and the offset circles. Thanks so much for joining us this past month with all of your amazing creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple snd gorgeous Rachel. Great take on our photo week. Lovely to have you Guest with us for November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You put the elements in the photo together beautifully, Rachel. Brilliant way to make a wreath and it looks fabulous. Thanks for being our guest this month.

    ReplyDelete