Thursday 16 September 2021

missing you

 hello crafty stampers!

I found a challenge I hadn't entered before so thought I would brush up on my CAS skills. The lovely people at Addicted to CAS have this week's challenge with the code word: leaf.

I recently received a new stencil from Paper Rose and had to try it out on a card. New for me, and so many ideas were swirling in my head. I do find it difficult to come to rest on just one idea, and especially for a CAS card, so many possibilities, so little time.  lol


The splash stencil from Paper Rose Mark Maker was blended with distress oxide inks to give an ombre effect using 2 colours and the top fading to white. The leaf was die cut from Altenew Leaf Mix die set and also blended using the same colours, and the same technique. The sentiment from Stampin Up Loyal Leaves was lastly stamped onto the panel. 

So many people I haven't seen recently with our rolling Covid lockdowns, I have a feeling I'll be sending out a few of these type of cards.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card Rachel and beautifully CAS. I love the design and the way you kept the leaf and the splash the same colour and technique. Keep your chin up and think how pleased your family and friends will be to receive one of these beauties. Thank you for coming to play with us at Addicted to CAS. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That silver leaf is gorgeous especially with the touch of silver. Gorgeous CAS card. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete