Friday 6 November 2020

here for you

Today I used the Freshly Made Sketches challenge FMS460 as inspiration for this card. Love the simplicity and boldness of the design, so I thought I'd go with a 'dependability' theme. 



leaf



'here for you' uses a cardstock base in Whisper White. Old Olive and Garden Green strips were added as the top of the banner,  and some fronds from Forever Greenery DSP were fussy cut to make a leaf bouquet (is that a thing?) which forms the pointy banner ends.  The sentiment is stamped with Garden Green on a Whisper White strip. Dimensionals highlight the fronds and the sentiment.

I think the simple leaf fronds effortlessly posit themselves in the banner shape, conveying a dependability and generosity echoed in the sentiment. Just as leaves change from bright green to softer hues, the sense of the changing seasons is as dependable as an old friend.

Edit: Thank you so much for the "Honorable Mention" for my card - I enjoyed making it and look forward to the next challenge!


Stampin' Up! supplies:

cardstock: Old Olive, Garden Green, Whisper White

paper: Forever Greenery DSP

stamp: So Much Love stamp set

ink: Garden Green

dimensionals, stampin' seal


Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you got some inspiration today!


2 comments:

  1. I love this! Very fresh and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun, and great use of the leaves to make the banner shape!

    ReplyDelete