Thursday 21 January 2021

it's your day

 hello everyone!

I don't know where the last month has gone - xmas then new year then recovering, I guess. lol 

I have been making cards, well trying out new stamps anyway, but today I decided to do a challenge to get my head back in the game.

AAACards CAS game #181 presented a nice idea - use up to one-third of the card, with a summer in January twist.


Since it's actually summer in January here, I felt right at home. One glance out the window, and there's plenty of inspiration!  I must admit, I simply can't do snow, especially in January. Is it just me?

I recently received a stamp set which has cherry blossoms and I looove it.  Beautiful. Now I know cherry blossoms are traditionally associated with spring, but in early summer the petals start to fall so that's the idea I went with.


I think a subtle design and a subdued colour palette is relaxing - just the ticket in this balmy weather. 

Thanks so much for stopping by!


Supplies:

Altenew stamp: Under the cherry blossom

inks: Altenew sea glass, dusk, pink diamond, memento tuxedo black



2 comments:

  1. Sweet little birdie hiding in the blossom. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little birdie on the branch is so darling! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete