Saturday 15 May 2021

bad hair day

 hello crafty stampers!

I am thrilled to be the guest designer this week at the Sisterhood of the Snarky Stampers after being chosen as queen in their M is for Monochromatic challenge! As guest designer I made a card for this fortnight's challenge SOSS #185 A is for Animal.

 

Autumn is in full swing here and the windy days and blowing leaves are in abundance, so I decided I had to find some snark with this theme. I actually accidentally sliced my finger a couple days ago so was stamping left handed - no mean feat, but I wasn't going to let a little thing like 5 stitches and a bandage slow me down. Luckily I had started on the card background but still had to simplify the design a bit.

I started by blending distress oxides over the whole card panel background. The deer was stamped along with the leaves and windy swirls using my MISTI. The sentiment was put together using alphabet letters and a sentiment strip, edges inked, then adhered to the card front. 

Dasher is actually the very first stamp I bought, and second hand. Such a beautiful deer - I hope I am forgiven for the snark. lol  Some days just feel snarky, so come join the Sisterhood challenge and have some fun! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
inks: distress oxides
stamps: Stampin Up Dasher, Altenew sentiment strips, Darkroom Door alphabet medley

6 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your finger Rachel.. but you still managed to rock this challenge! Congrats on being our Queen! LOVE your card!! ((HUGS)) Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you must secretly be ambidextrous as your stamping looks great! What a clever take on our theme! So happy to have you as our royalty for this one. Hope you're finger isn't too painful, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card you managed to come through with even encombered with stitches and a bandage, let's hope it heals quickly. (I would have trouble stamping with a hangnail lol) Fab. use of Dasher, nice thinking outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHHHH NOOOOOOO hope your finger is healing up OK!
    You are a snarky / crafty trooper!
    I just love that Dasher stamp...I have him too and don't use him nearly enough!
    Thanks for being our reigning QUEEN OF SNARK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five stitches, YIKES! That is no mere papercut! Thank you for persevering with this delightfully snarky card that will never let me look at Dasher quite the same way ever again! (One of my first acquisitions, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a trooper, that's for sure. Hopefully it's on the mend. I love your clever interpretation of Dasher. Thanks so much for Queening with us at the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete