Monday 31 May 2021

slightly funnier

 hello again krafty stampers! (see what I did there?)

I'm back making cards - after a hiatus due to an injured finger. Thank you for all the well wishes, it is much improved (although I still only have 9 working fingers which plays havoc with touch typing...)

Today I made a kraft card for the sisterhood of snarky stampers challenge #186 K is for Kraft-y

I found I don't often make kraft cards but the distress oxide inks look fabulous on the kraft. I will have to make more of these.


I started by stencilling the lightest blue around the perimeter, then stamped the texture stamp and another leaf stamp with darker blues over the top.  Then I stamped the birds - they are the exact same image just mirrored. The sentiment is from the Tim Holtz Big Talk sticker book, lightly blended with distress oxide ink. The panel was mounted on a dark blue card then onto more kraft. I think the blues just pop!

Such a funny sentiment when they're talking to their twin. Who doesn't love irony?

Come join the sisters, make a snarky card, and have some fun! Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies:

stamps: darkroom door garden birds, darkroom door flourish texture stamp

stencil: scrapmatts stones

ink: distress oxides tumbled glass, salty ocean, chipped sapphire


Edit:  Thank you so much to the snarky sisters for the Princess award for this card.  I am thrilled!


2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahaha!!! I love this! Beautifully stamped and awesome snark. Thanks so much for getting krafty with the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blues definitely pop against the kraft! Gorgeous work, and I of course love the sentiment. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete