Monday 20 September 2021

hugs

 hello stampers!

It's raining today so I've spent a lovely morning in the craft room, enjoying the escape from weeding the garden! I made a card for 2 challenges which is the first time I've entered more than 1 challenge at a time - my skills must be coming along, albeit at a snail's pace 😉

It's colour week at Just Us Girls 

and the good people at AAA Cards have a no layers challenge

I have been wanting to use a recently acquired stamp from Darkroom Door so took the opportunity today.


I began by blending distress oxide inks in yellow, orange and red using a rectangle stencil. Then stamped the main sentiment from Darkroom Door Friends, masking off the first word and substituting the word 'hugs' using letters from Darkroom Door Alphabet Medley.  

I always get a little nervous with a 1 layer card - if I mess up, it's a full do-over: something I am not fond of doing as my brain moves onto the next idea. But simplicity is key - I am learning.

Thanks for stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. What a great sentiment and CAS card! I hope you enjoyed your escape from yard work! Thanks for joining us for Color Week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome sentiment Rachel. Super background blending to show it off so nicely. Love to see the rain my way so I could pull my weeds out easily. best time to play when it is raining - probably miserable and cool outside.v Thanks for sharing with us at JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best hugs quote and I love how you've used it on your card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card and design! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Ã…sa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you changed the sentiment, it's even better than the original (which I have)! Great card too by the way. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great one layer card! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete