Saturday 18 September 2021

hello

 hello there stampers!

I saw the challenge over at Perfectly CAS this month and was so pleased to see Geometric as their theme.

Okay so I'll admit it. I'm a maths lover. Bring on the circles and rectangles, so awesome!


I decided on a kite as the main shape because I mean who doesn't love a perfect quadrilateral? lol I cut 1/4" strips of rainbow cards and adhered them to a white card then cut out the kite shape. I stencilled a cloud formation using MFT Rolling clouds and distress oxide ink and adhered it to the back of a panel that had a circle window punched from it.The extra bits of the coloured card strips were cut into tiny rectangles for the kite tail. The sentiment from Altenew Sentiment Strips was stamped onto white card, cut into a rectangle then all the card pieces were popped up on foam on the front panel.

I kept it clean and simple and left out the lines on the kite and tail - interestingly I think our imagination draws the lines in anyway...

Thanks for stopping by!

*Edit: I'm thrilled to be chosen as winner for the 'geometric' challenge!



3 comments:

  1. OH WOW ... LOVE THIS! What an eye catcher! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Perfectly CAS challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    PERFECTLY CAS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just such a creative (and colorful!) take on our geometrics challenge!!! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the PCAS challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and clever! Great use of "geometric" as your inspiration. Love all the color. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete