Thursday 26 November 2020

tis the season

 Hello lovely friends.  I've got a Christmas card today. The wonderful people at The Paper Players presented a challenge this week that I found intriguing. "Use up all those little scraps" they suggested, so I did! 



Of course atm I have lots of Christmas paper scraps, but I decided to use neutral paper with a christmas stamp - just to keep you guessing! lol 



I mounted the papers on 3 layers of black cardstock, the same card as the card base. These were then arranged on whisper white card, to give the impression of shadow and make them pop! 



The sentiment was stamped on 3 layers of whisper white also. I finished it all off with rhinestones to add a little sparkle.  It is Christmas after all...  I hope I managed to make a smart and elegant card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Edit: Thank you so much for the "A Cut Above" recognition for my card! I enjoyed participating in the Paper Players challenge and am thrilled that you liked my card. Look forward to the next challenge!


Stampin' Up! supplies:

cardstock: whisper white, basic black

paper: neutrals designer series paper

ink: memento tuxedo black

stamp: retired stamp set

basic rhinestones

 

sentiment stamp: Altenew warm blessings


2 comments:

  1. Rachel this is a fabulously creative way to use the sketch! By using scraps of differing colours with the same pattern you created a colourful background to showcase your silhouetted Christmas tree. Love the addition of the pearls too! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun way to use this wonderful "vintage" stamp set...I have this and haven't used it for a while, you've inspired me! I love the muted tones you used as well! Very nicely done! Thanks so much for playing with my sketch this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete