Saturday 24 April 2021

flutter

 hello crafty stampers!

I have a card for you today that should put a smile on your face.  Purely by chance, I found the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers blog and got such a giggle out of it, I had to have a go at their challenge. The current one is SOSS #183

Now I own zero snarky stamps, so perhaps more of a challenge for me. But I figured I'd use what words I had to convey a similar idea. I'm hoping I hit the mark!

I started by stamping the bird on ink covered card then cut him out. I blended ink for the background on a card panel, stamped around the edge and also inked the edge. Then I stamped the bird on the card panel, glued the blue bird over the stamped image. I stamped the words and inked their edges and foam taped them onto the card panel. Then glued the panel onto a card base.

I just love this bird - now he has attitude! Bit like my cat. 💙

Edit: Thank you so much for crowning me Queen Rachel for this challenge - I'm thrilled and honoured! 


Supplies:

distress oxide inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, chipped sapphire, archival ink jet black

darkroom door stamps: garden birds, Wildflowers Vol 1, alphabet medley, flourish texture stamp

other various stamps 

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the monochromatic blues and the bird!! Thanks for finding us, and thanks for joining our challenge! (BTW, my brother lives in Melbourne!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you've found us! Love your bird with attitude. Thanks for getting monochromatic with the sisters, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you found us and do hope you'll continue to play along. Beautiful background and fun sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great that you discovered the Sisterhood! Your monochromatic card is beautiful. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete