Thursday 15 April 2021

spread your wings

 hello lovely stampers!

I am sharing a simple card with you today. I took the challenge from PerfectlyCAS for this month:


  

I am loving using the distress oxide inks - the layering ability is fantastic.  I used 2 or 3 colours on my butterflies to get a graduated colour effect. Lots of inky fun!




I started by blending using the cloud stencil to make a background. Using my MISTI, I stamped each butterfly several times with parts of it inked with colour. The fun part is deciding which beautiful colour to use next! The sentiment was put among the butterflies to tie them all together. Lastly I mounted the panel onto a mint macaron card base.

Thanks for stopping by!

supplies:

darkroom door stamp: Wildflowers Vol 1

my favourite things stencil: rolling clouds

distress oxide inks: scattered straw, dried marmalade, spun sugar, abandoned coral, seedless preserves, tumbled glass, salty ocean, peacock feathers, chipped sapphire, black soot

3 comments:

  1. OH WOW this is just beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Perfectly CAS challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    PERFECTLY CAS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. I love your grouping of the beautiful butterflies on the stenciled background with the sentiment, leaving all that great white space. Thanks for joining us at Perfectly CAS.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty .... love the butterflies on the stenciled background. Thank you for playing along at Perfectly CAS

    ReplyDelete