Thursday 8 April 2021

if nothing ever changed

 hello fellow stampers!

I've been feeling crafty lately (I might have to lie down till it passes). I have found myself happily stamping, blending, even watercolouring. I know! A new me?  I am pointing the finger squarely at my latest acquisition - my first distress oxide inks - just a few - but they are great! Awesome at blending (I have never been happy with my previous attempts), awesome as watercolour, and many many options with how to use them. Brilliant.

Today I made a card using the inks as watercolour. My first one, but they are so easy to use. I thought I would take the challenge thrown down by the lovely people at AAA cards, #187. 

Quite a tricky one - I played around with a few options for quarters but decided to go with what suited the sentiment on the card - the uplifting idea of butterflies had to be at the top! I also decided to do a square card so the quarters looked like quarters!




I started with watercolouring a rainbow - quite simple with 3 colours and blended to get the in between colours. Then I stamped the butterflies using black archival ink. In a similar way, I watercoloured the green using blue and yellow, and stamped using archival ink. They were cut out to the quarter size.

Stamping the sentiment twice on different coloured cardstock, they were then cut them in half so I could use each half on each quarter. They were stamped in versamark ink then embossed with white. They were then glued at the edge of each quarter. Lastly the quarters were adhered to the card base using foam tape for dimension. 

I am quite pleased with the result, and so happy with the new inks - I must get more. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:

inks: distress oxide inks: abandoned coral; scattered straw; tumbled glass, archival ink jet black, Versamark ink

card: whisper white, highland heather, mossy meadow,  watercolour paper

stamps: Darkroom Door wildflowers vol 1


3 comments:

  1. Such a great use of the two quarters! Super nice card! Thanks for joining AAA Cards! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab use of the two quarters. Loving the rainbow and butterflies at the top and the flowers at the bottom. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quarters! Thanks for playing along with us at AAACards!

    ReplyDelete