Saturday 24 July 2021

chickens

 hello crafty stampers!

I saw the latest sketch challenge from the lovely people at freshly made sketches FMS495 and knew straight away what I could do with it. It's not often that happens, so I had to lie down jump at the idea before I started to second guess myself.  I know...I really shouldn't...

Recently I was having a giggle at carmen's veranda - some great quotes there and thanks go to them for the sentiment on my card today.


I started by blending distress oxide inks over the background - I wanted to make it look like a chicken's paradise! lol I stamped various small stamps over the background for interest and texture, then glued down a strip of grey card for the road. The chickens I printed, coloured and fussy cut then adhered them with foam for dimension. They are, after all, the heroes of my piece! The background panel had the edges inked with garden green to match the card base.

Such fun! Thanks for stopping by!

supplies:

inks: distress oxide vintage photo, bundled sage, scattered straw

words: carmen's veranda



2 comments:

  1. What a cute card! I love how you used these fun chickens with the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! This is hilarious and so perfect for the sketch! Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete