Wednesday 29 September 2021

thank you

 hello crafty stampers!

I have a card today I made for the Just Us Girls challenge #603 Photo week.

I haven't entered a challenge using a photo as inspiration but there's always a first time! Such a beautiful photo - how I wish I could grow armfuls of flowers like this! I found so much to draw inspiration from in the photo, I went round in circles and found myself with too much going on and too many ideas. Crazy! So I decided to go CAS - when in doubt, simplify!


I began (this version 😉) by making scratchy marks on kraft card with green, brown and white inks. The kraft was then cut into strips and randomly glued back together to get the 'shabby shutter' look. Then I watercoloured 2 pages - 1 in green and 1 in pink and purple using distress oxide inks. I used Altenew Beautiful Day and stamped the leaves and the flower images, then die cut them with the coordinating dies.  I trimmed the flower image to cut out the leaf parts. The images are glued and the top ones popped up on foam squares. The sentiment from Altenew Mini Daisy stamp was stamped directly on the card front.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Rachel... stellar job on your first photo inspiration challenge! Photos and words are my absolute favorite challenges. Love the simplicity of your card! So clean... the wood background you created is perfect. Thank you so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous "first time"! I just love the wonderful simplicity of your card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete